User Tools

Site Tools


This wiki is not maintained! Do not use this when setting up AuScope experiments!



Module: HOB+0098, start pos: 8114.178 GB

  • 18:30 UT - Antenna stuck, experiment will start slightly late. (Tiege)
  • 18:38 UT - Experiment started, however wind stowed immediately. (Tiege)
  • 18:42 UT - Unstowed, First valid scan for the experiment is 294-1846c (Tiege)


PLEASE NOTE: LBA experiment was recorded onto the wrong disk according to Martin (he phoned Bryn earlier today), which mean there was not enough room for the R4 on FIG-0004 (apparently the intended disk for this experiment). Therefore, the R4 has had to go on USN-0067 which contains ~890 GB of LBA data.

Module: USN-0067, start pos 888.075 GB

  • 18:30 UT - Experiment started OK. (Tiege)
  • 20:34 UT - “ALARM: error st -999 tcp/ip connection error”, fixed within 15 seconds using antenna=open and antenna=operate, happened between scans so no scans were affected. (Tiege)
  • 20:37 UT - Straight after fixing the above error I got “ALARM: error s5 -104 rfpcn: time-out, connection closed”, have restarted Rxmon to fix. (Tiege)
  • 20:48 UT - 294-2049 will be first good scan after the errors were fixed. Scans affected by both errors are 294-2037 to 294-2045a inclusive. (Tiege)
  • 20:57 UT - Received “ALARM: error st -999 tcp/ip connection error” again, used the same fix as previously, no scans affected. (Tiege)
  • 21:08 UT - “ALARM: error s5 -104 rfpcn: time-out, connection closed” error again, this time I restarted Monica, scan affected is 294-2107. (Tiege)
  • 21:14 UT - “ALARM: error s5 -104 rfpcn: time-out, connection closed” error again, tried restarting Rxmon again this time, scan affected is 294-2114a. Restarting of Rxmon and/or Monica are the solutions listed in the wiki, however, they haven't seemed to help much here. It seems when these errors do crop up in observations, they tend to reoccur. Jim will be taking over soon and I will mention the problem to him so he can check it out and hopefully determine whether the problem is something more sinister. (Tiege)
  • 06:28 UT - “ALARM: error s5 -104 rfpcn: time-out, connection closed” error again, with Jesse's help fixed by halting the schedule and stopping then restarting DIM which seemed to be running but wasn't really. Missed scans … (Liz)


Module: USN+0014, start pos 1185.734 GB end pos 1420.317 GB: TOTAL: 234.583 GB

Module: HAY-0062, start pos 0 GB Changed at 21:30 UT, first good scan 294-2145

  • 18:30 UT - Experiment started OK. (Tiege)
  • 20:49 UT - Restarted Rxmon to fix “error s5 -23 rfpcn: error opening, rfpic probably not running”, seems to be fine. (Tiege)
  • 21:30 UT - Randall from Yg just called up, I had forgotten to change the module for Yg after the LBA experiments, I have now switched to the other disk (HAY-0062). This means ~234 GB of R4762 data is on USN+0014 (from disk_pos 1185.734 GB through to 1420.317 GB). First good scan on the new module will be 294-2145. (Tiege)
  • System monitor for Yg was not running because one of the Monica servers (antmon) had crashed
You could leave a comment if you were logged in.
/home/www/auscope/opswiki/data/pages/handover/r4762.txt · Last modified: 2016/10/21 11:59 by Jim Lovell